Quick switch browsers

Muergo 13:00 25 Apr 2011

Is there an add on or iconic progam/setting that will enable me to switch default browser at a click especially from an e-mail link that I want to direct preferentially to one or another.

In other words, if there is a link in either of the e-mail programs I use, I want the facility to direct it to IE or Firefox without going through settings to change the default browser over.

Graphicool1 14:18 25 Apr 2011

Hi Muergo

Doesn't it work the same as having two or three plus cd or dvd players, with none set to default. If you click to play a tune or a movie a pop up window ask what player it should use.

Graphicool1 14:20 25 Apr 2011

In other words, don't have either browser set to default.

Woolwell 14:33 25 Apr 2011

I don't think that it is possible to have none set as default. Perhaps I'm wrong. Cannot think of a way to do what Muergo wants.

Muergo 16:49 25 Apr 2011

That's what I'd like, when clicking a link to have a little popup to say "Which browser?" so I can funnel it whicheverway I want. Can't see a way of not having a default but that would do it.

Muergo 12:22 28 Apr 2011

Thank you 124, the addon to switch browsers works perfectly although I'm not sure how it does it.

At the moment I have a firefox page with an IE9 tab displayed, I know this is true because it has solved my graphics problem I had with FF4.

Now I have the best of both worlds.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?