tinibopper37 02:11 11 Jul 2007

Hi all need a bit of help have two pcs which im trying to set up a wireless network with not even tried that yet. thing is brought a network cable to connect to the wan fits wan fine thing is its too big for the connection at the back of the pc so basically want to know do they come in smaller sizes thanks.

  ambra4 03:47 11 Jul 2007

I thing you getting things wrong, the small RJ11 Phone jack that you used for dial up access, only plug into the Dial up Modem in the PC, you do not use the pc modem with a broadband System

You need to order a Broadband Circuit from a broadband supplier

The WAN cable goes from the WAN port on the router to the broadband modem RJ45 Ethernet port that your ISP supplied

If you do not have a LAN port on the PC that the Ethernet cable will fit you need to buy a LAN card and install it in the PC

When a technician come to install the broadband modem make sure that they install an Ethernet network modem, not install a USB modem, which is for a SINGLE PC INTERNET ACCESS ONLY and will not allow you to set up a network system to other PC in the house

  tinibopper37 11:38 11 Jul 2007

no i do already have broadband with a modem i connected the ethernet from the modem into the wan of the wireless router and then i brought another lead from a computer shop which fits into one of the ports on the router and then the other is supposed to go into the back of the computer is that right but that is the problem it dosent fit at the back.

  Dipso 13:33 11 Jul 2007

If you don't have the port required then it sounds like you may not have an network card in your PC.

  recap 14:00 11 Jul 2007

click here to view the difference between each card

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?