Quick Question - Centering a Table?

gplatt2000 19:45 02 Sep 2003

Hi there, I think this is a simple enough question but I cant remember the tag to center a table in the browser windo (if there is one). Please help me, thanks in advance, Gavin

tbh72 21:31 02 Sep 2003

I use Frontpage, to center a table I right click & select table properties from the menu.

I click the style button on the general tab selecting the posistion option. Finally filling in all four boxes with percentage figures, eg from top 25%, from left 25%, height 50% & finally width 50%.

If the table is bigger than 50% of the screen simply take 100% - Table size (70%) = 30%, divide this figure by 2 = 15% in place of the 25% selections.

gplatt2000 21:38 02 Sep 2003

Thankyou, I will give this go for if I want the table right in the center (sorry not be clear I was only wanting it to be centerd horizontall, but thanks a lot anyway as Im sure this will be useful). I have now found that all I need to add is Align="center", i was thinking this was for text bu now found different! Thanks again, Gavin

esl_webber 13:45 03 Sep 2003

<table width="100%" align="center">

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?