Quick Question

2Xtreme_lives 13:21 26 Nov 2006

Hi,
Sorry to write another topic on this question. But i need to ask if something is possible. I have a speedtouch USB modem, andi need to connect to xbox live. Can i have the modem connected to the pc, then an RJ15 cable coming out of the modem and into a router, and then another RJ15 cable going from the router to the phone. And then my xbox 360 has a cable coming out of it and then connecting the router. Would that work?
Thanks

rodriguez 13:29 26 Nov 2006

On the first Xbox, you had to buy an Xbox Live pack which included the headset. You then just plug in an RJ45 cable from the Xbox to the router and set up the connection. I don't know if this is the same for Xbox 360, but I'd imagine it's similar.

stylehurst 13:30 26 Nov 2006

I think you will find that you cannot connect your modem using the USB connection, and an RJ15 cable simultaneously. I have no experience of an x-box, but on the assumption that it is similar to a PC. Then you would need to connect your modem to the WAN port on the router using the RJ15 connection on the modem, and then connect your PC and the x-box two ports on the router.

2Xtreme_lives 13:50 26 Nov 2006

So it would need to look like this:

PC-USB CABLE-MODEM-RJ15 CABLE-ROUTER

XBOX 360
'
RJ15 Cable
'
ROUTER-RJ15 CABLE-PHONE POINT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?