Quick Launch Bar - Vista Basic

NSBT 17:14 25 Jan 2008

I have a laptop HP530 with Vista basic, I'm trying to add icons to the quick launch, but when I drag the icon it's not staying in quick launch, am I doing something wrong?

Also, the quick launch icon is on the right hand side, is there anyway I can move it over to the left by the start button?

I running a laptop HP530

birdface 17:25 25 Jan 2008

Quick start is usually programs that start when your computer starts.I dont think that you can add random Icons to it unless they are programed to start the same way.

anskyber 17:25 25 Jan 2008

It sounds like your task bar is unlocked or locked in an unusual position.

Right click and unlock it (if it is locked) and look for the small dots which will allow you to drag the quick launch area to the left, then relock.

birdface 17:26 25 Jan 2008

Sorry am I getting mixed up with quick start and quick launch.

anskyber 17:28 25 Jan 2008

To add to it, the program does not need to be a start up item.

Usually from a short cut on the desktop (create one if you need to) drag and drop it. The whole point of a quick launch is to get programs going quickly which may or may not already be running.

NSBT 17:48 25 Jan 2008

Hello ansky
I must be doing something wrong, or I need to configure the programme.

When I drag the icon from the desktop, just prior to dropping it in, I can see a red circle with a red line through it on the icon.

Can Iconfirm with you, I am using the correct programme, what I trying to drop the icons into is called: HP Quick Launch Buttons"

P.S. I have unlocked the taskbar.

Sea Urchin 17:56 25 Jan 2008

I discovered this last week on Vista. When trying to drag and drop an icon it refused to be dropped. I then noticed that there were faint vertical lines on the taskbar, and when I dragged those it left room for the new icon to be dropped. In all my previous op systems the dropped item makes room for itself by expanding the taskbar area; maybe that's your answer?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?