quick launch

madPentium 11:33 24 Dec 2005

First of all, merry xmas everyone and I hope you all have a good new year next year.

I have suddenly started to get strange problems with quick launch. It first started with the office start menu, clicking on applications would result in a message saying cannot be found or maybe I'm not authorised. So I activated the quick launch on the task bar and dragged the application icons into that, but same result. It isnt just office programs, but nero too. Programs will start from start menu, or desktop.
It seems programs embedded in windows work from
quick launch, such as IE or outlook express. Its
only non microsoft products which fail. I tried creating a new account in xp pro, same thing :(

rawprawn 11:57 24 Dec 2005

See if this will help click here
and a merry Chrismas to you as well.

Wak 15:40 24 Dec 2005

Just a shot in the dark but it could be the way in which you are creating your shortcuts for the desk top??
Try this on one of your non-windows programs.
Highlight the program in the Start Menu, right click it, select "Send to" and then select "Desktop (Create shortcut)."
Now drag the new shortcut in to the Quick Launch bar.
Some short cuts created by other methods may not contain the full or proper path to the application program.
Hope this helps, and the Season's Greetings to you also.

madPentium 21:27 26 Dec 2005

hi
I am simply dragging any shortcut icon to the quick launch bar. The only ones which work are IE and outlook express. Also in the office shortcut bar, I am removing the word icon because it isnt working, then creating a new one and pointing it to the winword.exe in the office 10 folder. This wont work either. I get a feeling something has been put into the registry.

Wak 16:26 30 Dec 2005

Hi, Have you got this problem sorted out yet??
How EXACTLY are you creating your shortcuts for other applications????
And when you have created them, do they work OK from the desk top????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone