Quick IE9 question

mooly 08:03 11 Mar 2011

I see PCA and other sources mention IE9 being released as a final version on 14th March.

Does that mean it gets offered via windows update at this time ?

birdface 08:36 11 Mar 2011

Looks like it will be available from.

Internet Explorer 9 for download beginning at 9 p.m. Pacific.

That is on the 14th so i would assume it will be available for download from windows Update.
Maybe someone will be able to give you the proper answer.

spuds 11:24 11 Mar 2011

Not sure if this is of any help click here

mooly 12:15 11 Mar 2011

thanks spuds... I think that means if you already run IE9 beta then the release candidate is offered via WU.

Having done a bit more digging the opinion seems to be that there is no date yet for general WU release.

I asked because when IE8 was in a similar state of play I could not get it to install as a manual download despite opening a support case with MS and a lot of help.

When IE8 was finally offered via WU it installed in moments with no bother.

Terry Brown 14:44 11 Mar 2011

Unless I have made an error. IE9 is only suitable for Windows 7 and Vista , not XP.

If I am in error, please advise

Terry

Jwbjnwolf 16:37 11 Mar 2011

you are in no error, you are obviously thinking from your right half of your mind rather than your left.

mooly,
In Uk time, IE9 will be out on the 15th at 5am for download but I do not know about WU but I guess will soon see.

Seadog 17:52 11 Mar 2011

You are correct, according to the MS website it is only for Vista 32/62, Win 7 32/64 and Windows server 2008.

Seadog 17:54 11 Mar 2011

That should of course read Vista 32/64.......

mooly 18:34 11 Mar 2011

Thanks for all the responses folks... I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

mooly 08:41 17 Mar 2011

Just spotted this...
click here

I did actually download IE9 yesterday to have a play (Acronis first ;)) but it all went without a hitch and I think it's great.

xania 09:16 17 Mar 2011

I understand tha this upgrade willbe i the next WU? Let's hope it's intelligent enough not to try and download onto XP and earlier PC's! Best not allow the next download to run automatically?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?