Questions regarding Option Buttons in Excel

charley5 18:52 07 Apr 2007

I am constructing a number of surveys using Excel, and I am coming across a few glitches. I have three questions regarding option buttons. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have to place 4 option buttons side by side, is there any way to align them so they would look nicely straight?

Is there any way to eliminate the borders of the group box?

When I protect the sheet, I can't click on option buttons. Is there any way to protect content / objects and be able to click on the buttons as well?

Thanks for any advice you may have...

-Charles

VoG II 18:56 07 Apr 2007

1) Hold down CTRL, click each button in turn then click Draw on the drawing toolbar > Align or Distribute > Align Top.

2) Not that I am aware of.

3) Right click the button > Properties > Protection Tab > Untick Locked.

charley5 19:09 07 Apr 2007

Thanks a bunch for responding so soon.

When I press ctrl and then the selected option buttons I can't seem to tag them as a group. It still tags them only one at a time.

In terms of your last suggestion, if I do the procedure you suggest, it certainly allows me to click on the button, but if I click on any cell by mistake, I lose the tick. I can't risk a person messing up their responses because they accidentally clicked somewhere else.

Any further suggestions would indeed be appreciated!

-Charles

VoG II 23:14 07 Apr 2007

Which version of Excel are you using?

If you can describe what you are trying to achieve there may be better solutions than using option buttons on a worksheet. Option buttons on a Userform might be better, and more difficult for a user to corrupt.

charley5 14:15 08 Apr 2007

VoG™, thanks, but I figured it out! Your help was much appreciated though!

-Charles

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?