Question re Microsoft Word - number of pages.

oo7juk 22:19 30 Aug 2010

Hi

I'm using MS Word 2003 and have created a 2 page document with headers and footers.

The 2 page document contains 3 sections each section has a question using the "form field" option.

Question:

On page 1 I get to the last section and type in data, but as I keep on typing the 2 page document changes to a 3 page document. How do I limit the document to 2 pages, thanks.

Forum Editor 23:33 30 Aug 2010

by using tables. Set a fixed row height, and no matter how much you type the row will not display more than will fit.

That may not suit your purpose, but it's worth a try. Select the rows, go to Table - Table Properties - Row, and check the box for "Specify height", type the measurement, then change the dropdown from "At least" to "Exactly".

oo7juk 10:21 02 Sep 2010

Thanks for advise. This document will be getting sent to a third party and only format acceptable to them is in a "text file" format. Not sure if the table will work re text conversion even though I have hidden the borders.

Thanks.

lotvic 10:54 02 Sep 2010

"only format acceptable to them is in a "text file" format"

Then I would think it advisable to 'design' it in notepad

Saving a Word Doc as a .txt file will mean that you lose all formatting, pictures and objects.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017