Question marks instead of apostrophes

3Toed 11:58 30 Jul 2003

Hi all,
Can you help with the above.For posting threads i normally try to edit in word 2002 and cut and paste onto the forum page thread,but in doing so i get the above happening.When i check my word document,there are no mistakes-any thoughts on what am i doing wrong?(this thread is typed direct into the forum)

The Transporter 12:27 30 Jul 2003

changes your writing when it post it. Does it happen when you cut and paste it or just after you have clicked the post response button etc and see you reply or question?

Have you tried cutting and pasting from word into the pc advisor box. Then deleting the Apostrophes and replaing them with new ones, and seeing the effect?

graham√ 12:31 30 Jul 2003

Good thinking!

3Toed 12:50 30 Jul 2003

Thanks.Not 100% sure,but i think it looks ok after being pasted,then goes wrong after being posted.-Will check this out on my next c & paste session.

3Toed 13:01 30 Jul 2003

Apostophes should look like this what?s(what is)

Suddenly realised when typing ,word 2002 mirrors the above when using the same key at the start-for inverted commas as in ? ?hello?

It?s still not worked

This looks fine when pasted.Going to post now to see the outcome.(this is confusing)
You probably are correct in the code change.

3Toed 13:04 30 Jul 2003

pasted from word 2002,edited in the blank thread-

Apostophes should look like this what's(what is)

Suddenly realised when typing ,word 2002 mirrors the above when using the same key at the start-for inverted commas as in ? 'hello'

It's still not worked

3Toed 13:06 30 Jul 2003

I need to edit my word 2002 posts in Pca's thread area.
lol-is it worth it?

-pops- 13:12 30 Jul 2003

This all happened a few weeks ago when PCA "upgraded" its servers. Quite a few of the non-keyboard characters are now totally unusable and even some keyboard characters like ? (that is supposed to be a Euro sign).

Cutting and pasting from Word is now not a viable option as you now have to spend more time editing than it took to write the original.

There is some complex explanation knocking around about the whys and wherefores of ISO codes, ASCII codes and similar but I can't be bothered to look it out and especially not to mess about typing in numerous digits when I used to be able to do it with one keystroke.

It's called progress.

Mango Grummit 13:22 30 Jul 2003

Test?s and retest?s from word.

Then copy to notepad and ???????????? again

Mango Grummit 13:22 30 Jul 2003

Test's and retest's from word.

Then copy to notepad and '''''' again

3Toed 13:23 30 Jul 2003

Progress? Let me step back and think about that one !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017