Question on ActiveX controls please

rosie12 18:51 30 Jan 2006

When I try to send an e-mail which is a copy of a document that I keep in word, my outlook express keeps popping up a window that says:-"Your current security setting prohibit ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly". How do I set my security setting to accept whatever it is that it's not accepting?????

Halmer 19:02 30 Jan 2006

I'm not sure to be honest but it may be under Tools/Internet Options/Security/Custom Level somewhere.

citadel 19:07 30 Jan 2006

right click expolrer icon, properties, security, custom, scroll down to active x, tick box to allow, or tick box that says prompt before allowing.

961 19:12 30 Jan 2006

One option is just to proceed. Certain bits of the page may not be displayed correctly or indeed at all. In most case, so what?

The other option as described above is to prompt before allowing so that you will get a query before allowing

Depends what site you are on if you say yes or no

Not a good idea to just allow everything

961 19:14 30 Jan 2006

When you are sending an e-mail, send a copy to yourself first to see how it displays

Remember the recipient will probably get the same message if the document page contains active x

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?