Question about printing onto DVD / CD's

joelmb 15:24 20 Apr 2005

Hi. does anyone ever print onto printavle CD's or DVD's using their ink jet? I have been trying to do this using software that came with my Canon Pixma 5000 but it only seems to print a certain distance into the centre, with a fairly large circle left. i realise there has to be a circle in the centre ;) but I've got discs which supposedly can be printed into centre but this software doesn't allow it.

So am i doing it wrong? Or is it a limitation of the software? Or is there a minimum that printers can print onto? The inner circle is currently set at "-10mm" but wont go any smaller. the labels i want to print go inside this area, so when it prints its cutting some of the image off.

woodchip 15:50 20 Apr 2005

CD and DVD you should not want to print in the centre of the disc where is the spindle going to go to drive the disc. it's as you say only 12mm

woodchip 15:52 20 Apr 2005

on the DVD's that I have that already have a label, leave 40mm

Bagsey 15:52 20 Apr 2005

Hi . I am using an epson R300 and can print right up to the small circle in the middle of the disc that has the makers name etc. So I suspect that it is a software limitation you are suffering from. Mine is adjustable both in the center and on the outside of the disc.

joelmb 15:56 20 Apr 2005

Ah, that's what i thought Bagsey! I know there's the spindle hole obviously, but I thought there must be someway to make use of the outter centre on a printable disc! So, what software do you use bagsey??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?