Question about PayPal reports

exdragon 15:58 04 Apr 2011

Hi - does anyone receive lots of payments via PayPal for goods or services?

I receive payments for entrants into a competition, and frequently, one person can use their own account to pay for someone else, or in the case of a Chinese lady, for about 20 other people.

The main PP page shows a heading of, 'Details' and I have to check this for each payment, which means going back and forth from that page to the main one. Is it possible to run a report which includes the information on the Details page - the person doing the paying, the amount paid and the person to whom the payment relates, plus any notes if there are any?

It's not too bad if there are only a few at a time, but when there are almost 700 in a few days, it would be much easier to work from a report, as I have to transfer the information to a spreadsheet.

Thanks

Terry Brown 16:17 04 Apr 2011

With that many reciepts, I assume you are registered as a business, if not- why not?

If you go the business section, you will find paypal parners, who can do all your bookwork for you for a small fee.

In time saved it may be worth your while paying for a service like this.

Terry

exdragon 18:41 04 Apr 2011

It isn't a personal account, we're a charity and the activity on the account only lasts for about three months a year. I don't have to actually 'do anything' with the money, it's just recorded manually on a spreadsheet and then referenced to paperwork we receive via email from the entrants. There's no bookwork to do.

I'm just trying to find a way of printing a report as I said in my post.

It's basically a check to make sure that all entrants pay the amount they are supposed to.

Terry Brown 09:53 06 Apr 2011

Now there a clearer understanding, would this help.
click here

Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?