question about motherboard sizes

billy99 20:04 20 Jan 2006

hi, i am wondering about upgrading my processor, and i was wondering which size would fit into my the computer, which motherboard? i know there are all different shapes and sizes, i think i have a regular size computer w/ processor, so is there a website that can scan our computer to check what size? or is there any assistance? thanks for the help.

bremner 20:09 20 Jan 2006

click here for the various sizes

Totally-braindead 20:32 20 Jan 2006

Most are either ATX or Micro ATX nowadays, to see what you have identify the motherboard using this click here then post here with what it says you have and someone will be able to show you the website which will show you what you have.

billy99 03:01 21 Jan 2006

hey, thanks for the help,
it says:

Board: TriGem Computer, Inc. Imperial 1.00
BIOS: Phoenix 6.00 07/30/2003

thats all its said about the motherboard

Totally-braindead 09:02 21 Jan 2006

Have a look at this, especially the photos and see if this is your motherboard click here is it an HP computer? If this is the board it appears to me to be a micro ATX. It also appears to support as a maximum a 2.2 GHz Northwood. Depending on what you have its probable the upgrade isn't worth it and you'd be better getting a barebones motherboard, processor etc.

billy99 04:37 22 Jan 2006

yeah, it looks like the same one i have, the computer i have is a emachines intel celeron 2.5 ghz, but im pretty sure i know what to look for now.
thanks for the help

Totally-braindead 14:01 22 Jan 2006

The cheapest and easiest most cost effective way to keep your computer going for a while is to add more memory. Your computer isn't past it yet unless you're an ardent gamer. If you have less than 512mb goto crucial and look at what they say, if you do the scan your system it will tell you, what memory you have, what is compatible with your system and how many slots you have free click here it will probably identify your motherboard as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires