question about graphic card

pinkie-pie 01:39 14 Mar 2008

im wondering, my graphic card is: ati radeon express 1150, im looking to buy a pc game which alot of people are having problems with. mine is not listed but one is listing as not working as ati mobility readeon. is this the same thing? im using a laptop and some1 told me that it was but im not too sure of that. the game is desperate houswives the pc game. ill write some info here about what all it says cuz im not sure what you may need to know, im uncertain about this kinda stuff, but here about the device ok,
name: ati redeon expres 1150
chip type: ati radeon express series 0x5957
dac type: internalDAC (400mhz)
approx total memory: 256 mb
current display: 1280 x 800 (32 bit)(60hz)

anything you dont need just dismiss ok, i was wondering if someone could check that game out for me id be soooooo grateful if you could please

mrwoowoo 01:54 14 Mar 2008

If it is a laptop ,then i believe it will indeed be an ati mobility.
all i can find about graphics card specs is this.
Card 16- Bit,Graphics Card 64 MB ,Graphics Card (Direct X 9 Compatible).
Unless it specifically says that this card is not compatible on the game case,then i would say your card can run it.
You could always download the demo first to see if it will run as it,s only 40mb.
click here

pinkie-pie 19:37 14 Mar 2008

ok, ive been found some more information on this game that i wanted, ill point out some.
its says pentium 4 processor for the game, mine is a amd turion 64 mobile processor, will that work?????

Totally-braindead 23:28 14 Mar 2008

The make of processor doesn't matter, what does matter id the speed of the processor. If its fast enough then it will run it, if not it won't.

In my opinion the game manufacturers don't exactly tell the whole truth with their specs. I think if a game has minimum spec XXXX and thats what your computer is you're wasting your time trying it, if you are a bit above the minimum then it maybe fine.

Desperate Housewifes game is meant to need a MINIMUM 1.4 ghz processor, a DVD drive, 256mb RAM and a 128mb graphics card. And this to me means it would probably need something like 1.8 ghz processor or above and 512mb RAM and a half decent 128mb graphics card.

I think even if the rest of your laptop more than meets the specs the problem might be the graphics.

I would do as suggested and see if theres a demo and if there is download it and see if it runs. At least then you would half an idea about the full game.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?