Question about AVG

merc. 14:48 07 Nov 2009

Just bought new laptop to day with Windows 7 installed.

I am now in the process of downloading all my anti virus and malwarebytes etc. on desktop computer to burn to disc. I cant seem to find a download for AVG 8.5 which I have on my desktop, they all want me to download AVG 9 which I see has some mixed reports.

Can I still get 8.5 somewhere or just go with 9

Merc

cocteau48 14:52 07 Nov 2009

click here

take you pick from the list down the LHS

cocteau48 14:53 07 Nov 2009

...sorry right hand side

john bunyan 15:02 07 Nov 2009

Have a look here. You may decide to use MS Security Essentials instead.
click here

merc. 15:56 07 Nov 2009

Thanks for quick replies.

Have had a look at The MS Security Essentials site looks good my give it a try, I was going to download it, but I see they are 2 versions 1 for Windows 7 32 bit and 1 for Windows 7 64bit. As I have not even started my new computer yet how can I find out what version it will have.

I don't want to start up computer and connect to internet without some protection in place first, that's why I was putting them onto a disk from my desktop.

Merc

john bunyan 18:08 07 Nov 2009

Most new laptops have 64bit - the supplier will tell you.

merc. 23:31 07 Nov 2009

sorry for late reply, been busy installing all anti virus malware etc onto new computer,now up and running.

When I started up computer I had to make 3 recovery disc's for in case of problems later on that took more than 2 hours plus 2 dvd's were rejected when being verified after 30 minutes each, still kept me away from telly.

Thanks again my be back soon if run into any more problems.

Merc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?