query re opening new windows

Cessna 00:18 11 Dec 2006

recently any new windows that open following clicking on links are opening up in small little windows. i prefer to have all new windows open maximised. i remember seeing this option somewhere that you can set all new windows to open maximised, but i cant find it now!!!! also you used to be able to do a shortcut like hold down control and drag the window to full screen and release control and the pc would remember this for all new windows. however this doesnt seem to work for me either.

who can jog my aging memory on how to keep all new windows and links opening maximised??

thanks.

skidzy 00:31 11 Dec 2006

Are you using IE7

Try resetting web settings:Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Reset.

Another thing is to just use your cursor on the edge of the page and pull to max and close.Then try the links again.

radi8or 07:35 11 Dec 2006

As skidzy, but close using File > Close

Picklefactory 12:50 11 Dec 2006

If you are running IE and skidzy's advice doesn't work, try opening a new window that contains another link, open that link in a second new window and stretch this one manually to fill your screen (Do not use maximise button), then close the first window down and then the second. Works for me, but I don't know if it works on all versions of IE.

VoG II 12:56 11 Dec 2006

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?