Query with MS Security Essentials

frenchman96 16:17 18 Oct 2010

Hi Guys

I have been using MSE for some months now and am happy with it but today, it loogged up a virus warning or "potential threats" and the number was about 1100.

It told me to c/o the tab "clean computer" which I did and I see it working away but then it keeps reappearing so I UN installed it and REinstalled it but the same is happening. In the meantime, I did a full scan with SAS and MSE.

Any advice please.

Also, another Windows error window appeared asking me to insert my SP2 cd but I dont have one and I know the SP3 was downloaded from internet.

Nontek 17:13 18 Oct 2010

Try a normal System Restore back to a few days before this arose.

mooly 18:28 18 Oct 2010

Are you only using MSE and no other "real time" scanning. Also did you uninstall your previous security program using a manufacturers dedicated removal tool and not just via control panel.

It sounds really odd what's happening...
Do the full scans by SAS and MSE both come back clean ?

frenchman96 18:39 18 Oct 2010

Nontek----did that but upon booting up, it starts again

Mooly----I use Revouninstaller which you may know, picks up all the residue files etc. SAS came back with trojans/cookies etc but I deleted all. MSE found 1100 but after c/o "clean computer" it appears again.

On another trusted site, you asked me to download a cleaning tool that produced 2 logs and I have attached them for their Malware experts to look at, in meantime, have UNinstlled mSE again

onthelimit 18:45 18 Oct 2010

Not had a single problem with MSE on numerous computers.

Nontek 18:58 18 Oct 2010

... ditto ...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache