quattro pro failure!

DoratheExplorer 23:22 14 Oct 2007

I am trying to work in quattro pro. I just had my machine returned from being serviced and now i can navigate around the page without using the mouse. How do i fix this?

Totally-braindead 23:45 14 Oct 2007

I have never used this program and the only suggestion I can offer, unless someone comes up with a valid solution, is to reinstall it.
If you reinstall it from your disks it should put the program back to its default settings and would hopefully work normally.

Simsy 09:30 15 Oct 2007

but just to be clear, you say you CAN move around without using the mouse... do you mean you can ONLY move around without using the mouse, ie you have to use the arrow keys, or did you mean CAN'T navigate without the mouse, i.e. the arrow keys don't work?

If it's the latter of these I suspect there is a setting in the options of the program to enable/disable the feature.

I'd guess it's available via the menu by either;
Tools>Options
or
Edit>Preferences
or
File>Preferences

I don't know for sure... just guessing!

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

DoratheExplorer 16:09 17 Oct 2007

I can move the mouse around and click on other boxes and they move. but if i use the arrows it moves the whole screen and not the box. Even enterdoesnt do anything other than allow the box to total it doesn't move.

compumac 21:27 17 Oct 2007

I used to use Quattro Pro and I think what you are referring to is a setting whereby the arrow keys move a page up/down. I cannot remember under which heading it came under but Tools Options Preferences spring to mind. I remember that this caught me out years ago.

DoratheExplorer 12:08 18 Oct 2007

I found the problem though i still don't know how it happened. I appreciate all the help. This site is the best!!!!!!!

Dora

Simsy 15:59 18 Oct 2007

the solution?

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?