Quality CD Jewel Cases?

Mike2002 01:16 15 Jul 2006

Can anyone recommend any outlets for buying quality CD Jewel Cases at a good price.

I recently bought a pack of 200 (a lifetime's supply!) at 11p each. But when compared to, say, TDK's version (about double the price), the quality was immediately apparent.

It's true that you get what you pay for, but anyone could tell the difference between these two with their eyes shut. The plastic in the cheaper version is thinner, more brittle, and has sharp corners.

The quality cases cost more than the actual blank CDs themselves!

Is it possible to buy good quality cases for a reasonable price?

johnnyrocker 09:12 15 Jul 2006

click here.

johnny.

johndrew 10:40 15 Jul 2006

I found some at my local Wilkinsons hardware store, but you would need to decide if the quality met with your requirements. They sell both singles and doubles - not cheap.

You could also try Staples I saw some the last time I was there.

spuds 10:49 15 Jul 2006

Places like SVP or BigPockets may have the answer.

Snec 10:56 15 Jul 2006

OP.... You cannot tell the quality of anything from a description.

Honest!!

You have to see it for yourself (and then judge it from a viewpoint of your own standards).

Mike2002 14:27 15 Jul 2006

johnnyrocker: Sure, there's a whole load of ads on Ebay for Jewel cases, but, as Snec said,

"You cannot tell the quality of anything from a description."

There's outlets everywhere for these things, but some places charge nearly double the price for the same item. Take TDKs blank recordable CDs for example; a department store here in London charges £9.95 for TDK CD-R Discs, Pack of 50. But I can buy the same item from another shop for £5.99.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?