qdi m/board,200gig hdd and updating bios

mpg1965 11:55 26 Nov 2005

after reading some replys on the qdi forums i have downloaded sx2ev22a.bin so my synatix2e m/board will recognise my 200gig hdd.can you please tell me how i apply this file as i aint got a clue.i also have the update for my bios from v2.0slcp to v21slcp.do i use the sx2ev22a.bin file or update the bios to get the full size of the hdd.sorry but i have no idea of how to do this so any help would be great.im using winxp pro sp1 and till now this m/board has been great and worked perfectly with everything ive plugged in it..............thanks mike

alan227 12:18 26 Nov 2005

Personally if you do not know what you are doing I would advise you not to flash the BIOS, as you say the motherboard works perfectly and flashing it could leave you with a dead motherboard if you make a mistake.
If you want to give it a try I suggest you read this.

click here

mpg1965 12:46 26 Nov 2005

thanks for the advice alan227 but i am willing to take the gamble as i have another m/board on standby(not the same make tho).i am unable to talk to anyone on the qdi forum as when i try to post it comes back with sorry information comes from another site.i have posted on it before but now its a joke as i cant even reregistar.any help would be good tho folks..please.........mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?