Putting a video card in a Dell - Inspiron 6400?

hellblazer-14 10:29 23 Apr 2008

Hey Guys

I bought my laptop not too long ago to replace my old, and relatively crap Desktop. It has tons of ram and a fairly decent processor, but lacks a Video card, so pretty much every modern game I play lags tons.

Does anybody know if it is possible to install a video card in this type of laptop?
Cheers!

pk46 11:01 23 Apr 2008

I would say no most laptops use onboard graphics.
If you want to play games in the high sec then you will have to pay above £800 to over £1000 for a high spec laptop.

jack 11:56 23 Apr 2008

All laptops have integrated video
as far as I am aware
There is no opportunity to modify this.

hellblazer-14 11:57 23 Apr 2008

Ok, thank you. Just wondering, because I don't have much money to spend, only my meager 20 dollars of pocket money of month -.-

hellblazer-14 11:58 23 Apr 2008

Just while I think of it - my laptop has an integrated graphics card. I meant adding a non internal one. But yeah, thanks for that!

jack 08:51 24 Apr 2008

Now there is a thought
You can get external drives and stuff like that.
Where would it plug in - Hmm
If some techie whiz reads this and invents such a thing it will be in a Wallmart near you any day soon.

dave726587 09:04 24 Apr 2008

it is possible to change the graphics cards in some dell laptops. You just have to find compatible models on places like ebay. I did it with my old Dell Latitude C840. But your options are limited.
You could probably only upgrade to a graphics card that was in a higher version of your laptop if there is one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?