putting fonts in order

mothercranky 19:35 22 Aug 2007

i seem to have lots of fonts on that i never use,is there a way i can simply keep the ones i use a lot near the top of the list when on the word menu? i know there is such a thing as a font manager, but i have no idea what it is or how to use it! just wondered if there was an easy way to arrange the list..thanks all x

DieSse 21:48 22 Aug 2007

"i seem to have lots of fonts on that i never use"

Delete the ones you never use? - After all they're just cluttering up the system - and too many can slow a system down dramatically.

This claims to organise fonts in groups click here

and this click here

mothercranky 21:56 22 Aug 2007

i realised how stupid it sounded after i posted it! but you never know when they might come in handy......................

Sea Urchin 16:12 23 Aug 2007

Just a friendly warning - make sure you don't uninstall any fonts that are needed by your operating system. You could land yourself with other problems.

Taff™ 20:03 27 Aug 2007

Simplest way to do this is open Word and then select a favourite font from the drop down list, then another, then another - by now you`ll realise that the one`s you`ve chosen are all at the top of the list with the most recent at the top.

Sea Urchin 21:02 27 Aug 2007

Yes Taff - but that will only work for as long as you have Word open - the next time you open it it will have returned to the default option.

Taff™ 10:02 28 Aug 2007

Not true I`m afraid. I did this yesterday and have just opened Word and they are all still at the top of the list. (Word XP 2002) What version of Word are you using?

Sea Urchin 11:17 28 Aug 2007

I stand corrected if that's the case - I'm still using Office 2003

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?