Pure Evoke 3, Is it the best DAB?

joeros999 14:45 01 Aug 2009

I've been recommended the Pure Evoke 3.
What I'd like know is;

* it's 3 years old, does anyone know when the next generation is coming out?

* is it the best, particularly for pause/rewind & record?

Thank-you for any advice.

johndrew 12:07 02 Aug 2009

Pure are recognised as being pretty much the leaders in DAB radio.

`* it's 3 years old, does anyone know when the next generation is coming out?`

Evoke may know this but as yet I am aware of no announcement. What `improvements` are you looking for or is it a case you simply want the cutting edge?

`* is it the best, particularly for pause/rewind & record?`

The best way of determining this is to either trust those who have posted reviews click here or to try it yourself. What is `best` for one person is not the same for another.

joeros999 16:17 02 Aug 2009

Thank-you very much johndrew.

* it's 3 years old, does anyone know when the next generation is coming out?`

Evoke may know this but as yet I am aware of no announcement. What `improvements` are you looking for or is it a case you simply want the cutting edge?

I would like it to play a wider range of files.

I've read that the display doesn't dim, or doesn't dim very low. Ideally I would like to able to switch it off, with the radio still playing.

It would great if you could pause/rewind & record for longer, though what it offers sounds great. & latest model might have other improvements, such as more flexible Rewind/Forward fast controls.

laurie53 20:23 02 Aug 2009

While Pure are generally recognized as very good, I think there are probably better ones available.

Check out Bang & Olufsen, Denon or even Bose.

As with other things, you get what you pay for.

mole44 05:02 04 Aug 2009

i have mini evoke music system downstairs and a bedside stdard radio both with dab,there superb and they can be firmware upgraded.i must admit upgrading pc software ok but doing it to a radio was novel and easy.here in Luton i live only a couple of miles from our local DAB transmitter on Zouches farm so reception is o.k.

crosstrainer 13:23 05 Aug 2009

I'm not sure this helps, but I purchased an Evoke as a present for a friend of mine a while back.

She has had perfect service from it, and if re-tuned from time to time I can see no better solution.

Until I was browsing the Tesco site a while back, and decided that having the TV and the sound system on was doing more damage to the planet, I purchased a similar product from them...Cheaper, and my friend and I have compared notes and they seem to perform identically.

Having said that, the Pure kit has more connectivity, and better controls.

m800afc 21:27 08 Aug 2009

I have a Pure DMX-50 DAB/CD/MP3/SD/USB Micro System. It is, I think, discontinued, but can still be purchased at a good discount. It can record onto an SD card, which you can then edit on your computer. Your computer can also be used to update the Pure firmware.
Take note though. Although it can play mp3 files from the SD card, it actually records in mp2 format, so you may have to reformat the mp2's to play on other devices.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?