Publishing with NOF

steve263000 09:14 13 Dec 2007

I have used NOF to publish my site, click here However I needed the help of the excellent customer service at Heart Internet as it would not publish properly. I have since found through them that the site is publishing to the root of the webspace and not the public_html folder that it should do for correct upload.

There does not seem to be an obvious way to change the path, or perhaps I am to thick to see it. Could someone who has used NOF let me know what to do to change the direction of the path?

Kemistri 15:06 13 Dec 2007

Just change your base directory to include the public folder. How to do that is covered in the help file.

steve263000 09:39 14 Dec 2007

Thanks Kemistri. I have I think managed to change the base directory, but even now I cannot find pages that I have changed altered on the site. I will go back to Heart Internet to see it the structure is now OK

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:45 15 Dec 2007

to publish your site you specify the folder you want it to go into. If that folder doesn't exist NOF will ask you if you want to create it. Click 'yes' and all will be OK.

steve263000 07:31 16 Dec 2007

Thanks to all that replied. I have managed to change the directory path, and the alterations are going through correctly now. It just took the nudge from Kemistri to make me read the help files again, and again! Once again thanks for the time and trouble to reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?