Ptical to 6ch convertor

  Muckleface 18:15 25 May 2003


I have 6channel input on my stereo but no optical input.

Most of my electronics have optical outputs, so is there a product on the market that converts an optical output to 6 channel inputs?


  -pops- 18:22 25 May 2003

Check these out click here product ref QN18U and QN18T

Any use??


  Muckleface 18:25 25 May 2003

Yer, but its only got one output, I need SIX for dolby 5.1 :s


  Muckleface 18:25 25 May 2003

Yer, but its only got one output, I need SIX for dolby 5.1 :s


  -pops- 09:51 26 May 2003

The output from these converters is digital. Further conversion to analogue is required. You are not going to be able to get that without further converters to an analogue system.

Have a look at the Soundblaster Extigy which, although designed for use on a computer, will work independently. I use it on my 5.1 computer sound system and on my home cinema system as well.

  -pops- 09:52 26 May 2003

Extigy has optical in/out as well as a whole range of other inputs.

  Installer. 10:15 26 May 2003

Certain pc sound cards have 6 channel analogue output, I suppose you could connect the optical device through this. Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live 5.1 PCI can be got for about £30.00.

  -pops- 10:27 26 May 2003

We've not been told if this is in a computer, unfortunately.


  Installer. 11:01 26 May 2003

I know but he can use his pc as the conversion device, if in same room as what I presume are hi fi seperates.

  MikeB. 11:07 26 May 2003

Does the creative card have an optical in? thought it only had an output.

  -pops- 11:25 26 May 2003

The PCI card version doesn't have an optical in but the Platinum version does. The Platinum version is the one with loads of inputs brought out to the front panel.


This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?