PSU upgrade

Sp_and5 23:49 12 Nov 2007

Hi everyone,

I recently ordered a new system fro cougar with the following specs

Gamers Intel Core 2 Duo 8800 (Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 Ghz 8Mb Cach, 2Gb Corsair Memory DDR 800, 300GB SATA Hard Drive, , X-Cruiser Black, Atrix 650Watt Transparent + Blue LED, 640Mb Nvidia 8800GTS graphics card DX10, QC - ASUS P5N-ESLI 1333fsb-DDR800x4 SLI motherboard (Dual graphics), 18X DVD+/-RW (Samsung), No Floppy Disk Drive, Integrated Sound Card, Intergrated Monitor Speakers, , Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Inc SP2, No Additional Software, , Free Carriage, 2 Year Labour Warranty Upgrade)

Im a little worried about the PSU. Is 650w enough for my system or should i bought a more powerfull one? I cant do anything right now but i can upgrade it later.

Thank you in advance!!

Totally-braindead 23:59 12 Nov 2007

If its a decent 650watt power supply then it should be fine. I presume this is what they recommend and as such it should run that setup ok. Never heard of Atrix so can't say if they are any good.
I have a Tagan one and its excellent and I expect to use it on my next PC as well.
Wait and see would be what I would say. If you can find reviews of the power supply and decide its not that great then get a decent branded one.

Sp_and5 00:02 13 Nov 2007

Thank you for replying! Which one would you advise if the reviews are not what i expected? And how im i going to be able to see if it works ok? I mean how do you say a PSU works well?

Totally-braindead 11:55 13 Nov 2007

I would say it works well if the computer runs fine, some power supplies are louder than others for example, if you look through the Forums there is someone asking about this power supply at the moment and someone who has one says it runs fine and is quieter than what he has had previously.

If you are really concerned about this you can find power supply reviews on the web. 650 watts is fine for your system as far as I can see and will work perfectly, if you want a better one then just buy one.

Totally-braindead 11:57 13 Nov 2007

Correction on my last post it actually the 800 watt one someone is asking about click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?