psu fan

sorry me again, i have just replaced my 300 watt psu with a 450 watt, evrythings ok but where as my old psu had a small fan running slowly at the rear my new one has one much bigger on the side blowing air from inside the case over psu and out the back, hope that makes sense! which makes a lot of air noise, on the box it said automatic fan, but it is on all the time blasting cold air out the back, can this be controlled? its a 20+4 connection on a hp motherboard with an amd athlon psu, i have a fan on psu , case grx card and now this monster on psu, must it be on all the time?
thanks again adam

sil_ver 00:16 10 Dec 2006

perhaps you should tell us what make of PSU you have

morning, the one that came out is a hipro hp- d3057 f3p 300w, and the new one is (cant find a model number!) win power 450wat with12cm fan , automatic fan control system, auto pfc , i have a full list of spec on box, sorry i cant be more helpful, this was the only psu with a 20+4 connection re model number all i can find is win power super silence ironically!

sil_ver 16:25 10 Dec 2006

Is it one of these? click here

no, its that make but a little more basic, ie has no visible fan controler (sadly) er and i cant see through it! i bought it in a hurry from a local shop that builds gaming pc's i dont drive, am lazy and its the closest shop, i am tempted to put 300 watt back in, it seemed to cope but i was worried about it going pop and causing damage, it does look a much better construction, in 2 minds i think

sorry it could be the 4th one down i paid £20 for it

citadel 16:41 10 Dec 2006

The psu is one of the most important parts of the pc and you should always get a decent one.
Maybe someone will get you a seasonic for christmas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone