PSU Connections on Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro Sli

Giggle n' Bits 13:49 16 Mar 2006

Ok, I am stuck with which molex power plugs fit where on this Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro Sli Motherboard.

It has a 24Pin Molex confused as it can also be 20pin if you do not remove the extra 4pin.

Then there is a 4pin connecter near the CPU as well.

My PSU view at Enermax click here

Am I suppose to fit a 24Pin to the Main power socket on this motherboard or just 20pin and also fit a 4pin connector to the one near the CPU ?

rmcqua 14:11 16 Mar 2006

If the main power socket on the m/b has 24 pins, then you use the 24 pin connector in this (if only 20 pins then use the 20 pin part of the main connector). Also connect the 4 pin (12 volt) connector to the separate smaller power socket near the cpu.

Giggle n' Bits 14:22 16 Mar 2006

Just wanted to double check, cos I don't wanna fry my bits!.

the motherboard manual is a bit poor on the english lingo.

PC Bilbo 14:23 16 Mar 2006

I believe your mobo has a 20 pin power connector
next to IDE & floppy at the bottom of the board.

Just above the ZIF skt frame and to the right you should see another sqare 4 pin molex skt which is the PSU power skt.You should have the counterpart connecter coming from yr PSU with a 12v supply so you should see 2 yellow (feed) and 2 black leads (neutral)connected. Plug this into yr mobo CPU skt
and your CPU fan should spin on start up.

See Gigabyte site and enlarge picture click here

rmcqua 14:27 16 Mar 2006

Yes, Woodie Pecker, some of the transalations from Taiwanese are a bit difficult, aren't they? If you do as PC Bilbo and I have suggested, your bits should stay unfried.

Giggle n' Bits 15:03 16 Mar 2006

it is a 24pin connector just that there is a little cover over the 4pins next to the 20pin connector.

The motherboard picture is not the GA-K8N Pro SLI its thw GA-K8N.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?