Is this PSU compatible with ATI HD 4850 512MB

Audio~~Chip 20:43 26 Sep 2009

I bought CoolerMaster Real Power 700w modular ATX v2.3 earlier online at Ebuyer (quickfind code: 134694) and at Coolmaster click here

The info at both coolermaster & Ebuyer seem to note Nvidia & SLI no ATI but I am not planing on using Crossfire. Saying its " Certification nVIDIA SLI / 80PLUS"

My question is; Is it fully compatible for a Sapphire HD 4850 PCS 512MB GDDR4 ?

Thanks in advance for any group member who can help me!

Stuartli 22:24 26 Sep 2009

Can't see any reason why not. I bought a new PSU about a year ago for my ancient ATi Radeon 9550 and the extra cables for the newer cards were just left in the box.

Audio~~Chip 23:11 26 Sep 2009

Just that in the description it seems to sell it as for Nvidia SLI platform" don't know if its just a sales ploy or favour thing but still not convinced. This is a new PSU also, PC Pro recomended.

Stuartli 00:12 27 Sep 2009

Yes, my X-Power PSU's retail box states it's nVidia SLI and ATi Crossfire ready.

Obviously if you or I get one of these cards in the future, the PSU is capable of powering it; not a ploy, merely a necessary feature for a PSU.

Audio~~Chip 00:13 27 Sep 2009

Mine doesnt state cross fire but I understand where your comming from. Thought it would be best to check. Have a good weekend

Cheers

Stuartli 00:14 27 Sep 2009

I bought the PSU not merely for the card, but because the original PSU decided it no longer wished to power my system...:-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?