nivekh 00:05 14 Jan 2008

Looking to upgrade from 350W PSU to something like 500W since I've upgraded my graphics card. There are some great deals on the net and I guess you get what you pay for. I'm a little confused about the form factor business. I have a large tower, so that's ATX I think and the PSU has a fan at the rear. I've seen PSU's on the net that seem to have a fan on top of the unit, what kind of PC are they for? will they go into a tower? I'm asking because they seem to have the right spec and also get good customer reviews.
Sorry if I seem a bit dimm!

  DieSse 01:30 14 Jan 2008

"I've seen PSU's on the net that seem to have a fan on top of the unit"

It's almost certainly on the bottom - but they're showing it upside down so that you can see the size of the fan.

Go for a good quality unit with a large, slow fan. Expect to pay £50 or more for a good make.

Examples click here

  Grantrh 12:34 14 Jan 2008

I would go for one of the modular units from Antec. Modular is good because you dont have a wiring loom of cables, you just plug in the cables you need which increases airflow through the case and keeps your PC cooler.

click here

Neopower ones are good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?