PSU

denali 21:14 28 Mar 2005

Apart from physical dimentions are there any restrictions to installing a PSU.

Technotiger 21:17 28 Mar 2005

Hi, I have installed several psu's in different pc's - no restrictions, other than physical size.

Cheers.

denali 21:24 28 Mar 2005

Technotiger: Thank you for your quick response. My daughter has just bought a new graphics card for her spare PC and it says the PSU should be 450/500. So installing shouldn't be a problem?. She just plays games on it.

Technotiger 21:29 28 Mar 2005

Should be no problem, but make sure it is the same type as the old one, most are ATX and are usualy marked - but you can physically check by looking at the main motherboard plug/socket.

Cheers.

woodchip 21:33 28 Mar 2005

There are different power plugs for ATX system or should be an Adapter with it. But if it's not a Proprietary system like Dell etc then a ATX power will fit if it is a newish computer not years old. They used to be AT power supplies but you would have trouble getting on today. also if it's a Intel CPU you need one that has the four pin support plug also

denali 21:34 28 Mar 2005

Technotiger. Thanks a lot. Great help.

denali

denali 21:36 28 Mar 2005

woodchip. Thank you also. The PC is two years old. So your advice is appreciate.

Technotiger 21:36 28 Mar 2005

OK my friend - if you are happy, don't forget the little green tick :-))

Cheers.

Hi woodchip.

woodchip 21:43 28 Mar 2005

Ckeck for the Intel plug if you do not have AMD and it may need the Power adapter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?