PST file has been deleted

OK Computer 14:16 09 Jun 2003

I was wondering if anyone could help. I have a friend who has deleted a pst (personal folder) file from his hard drive.

The file is definitely not in the recycle bin. Is there any undelete software available (pref shareware) that could help me retrieve it?

I hear there is an undelete option in Windows? Does anyone know the command for this through a cmd prompt?? Or does this even exist?

I know the lesson here is to backup but still any help would be highly appreciated!!

xtreme_computing 14:48 09 Jun 2003

you could try this click here

i've never tried it before

and this link click here refers tot hat undelete command have a read

hugh-265156 14:49 09 Jun 2003

another fourm member had a similar problen recently and recommended using click here which worked for them.

xtreme_computing 14:50 09 Jun 2003

this program seems good click here

With the Recover4allâ„¢ Software you can easily recover (undelete) files that were accidently deleted under Windows. It does not matter if the files went through the recycle bin (and have been lost since the bin was emptied) or were directly deleted. The program is fast and very easy to use. The deleted files can be restored with a few mouseclicks. To prevent files that were already deleted from becoming overwritten, Recover4allâ„¢ does not require installation and can run directly from a floppy disk.

OK Computer 15:57 09 Jun 2003

Ok first of all thanks for all the replies.

I tried all these applications, and although in there own way they all seem really good, none of them detected the pst file.

The undelete function is for MSDOS and the user is running windows nt, therefore thats a no go.

I'm beginning to think he has definitely lost the file but if anyone else has any ideas I would be very very grateful!!

xtreme_computing 19:44 12 Dec 2003

you could try the evaluation version

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?