.pst file

t.long 21:52 03 Feb 2003

I was backing up my files before a format, and I got a .pst file 11+ MB which i assumed was the contents of my Outlook Express mail box, according to Microsoft help .pst is the file extension for mail and other outlook data. I am wondering does anyone know how I might go about importing this into Outlook Express. I can only find options to import mail etc. form other programmes. Any ideas?

tom

Sir Radfordin™ 23:35 03 Feb 2003

pst files are normally from Outlook I think - they are created when you archive your mail. Try opening Outlook if you have it and open the .pst from there.

Failing that OE may have an open function which will allow you to do this.

Don't use OE so can't check sorry!

DieSse 00:29 04 Feb 2003

As SR says, the .pst file belongs to Outlook, not Outlook Express.

It is a single file that contains all the data pertinent to Outlook - Messages (all folders) - Contacts - Calendar - Journal - Notes - the whole shebang in fact.

t.long 11:29 04 Feb 2003

Like Outlook express Outlook only seems to like importing information from another programm, I'll give it a go and let you know.

tom

Sir Radfordin™ 11:39 04 Feb 2003

If you have Outlook open then just go to File and Open and then Personal Folders File (.pst) and navigate to that file. You should then be able to view the contents.

Unless you have used Outlook loads its unlikey to contain any information other than the defualt stuff.

wee eddie 19:58 04 Feb 2003

After you have formatted and reloaded Office.

Drop your Outlook.pst file into C:\Windows and click Replace

t.long 20:06 04 Feb 2003

thanxs wee eddie, I have now restored the .pst file, trial and error, but thanxs agian for the tip, I will remmeber it next time, will save a lot of hassle lol. But thanxs everyone for the help.

tom

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?