PSP Will Not Switch On

pgj 22:22 04 Jan 2008

I have been given a PSP that is not working. It charges the battery fully, however, when you switch on the green light comes on and nothing else happens until after about 20 - 30 second the green light goes out. There is no sound, no flicker of life other than the timed green light. Has any one any ideas? Or know of any forums where these issues receive top advice?

Many thanks Gemma (pgj)

ps. sorry I did post this thread in another PCAdvisor forum but I see more PSP lovers use this one. Hope no one is offended?

wolfie3000 23:30 04 Jan 2008

Sounds as if a firmware update was fired in and got corrupted, i doubt if it can be recovered if thats whats wrong.

MCE2K5 23:50 04 Jan 2008

Gemma read this, click here, It might help.

Tim1964 00:10 05 Jan 2008

Thee is a known issue with the power switch.

That's what killed the first one my son had and, as we didn't want to pay the Sony standard £65 repair cost, it's still sitting in the drawer dead as a Dodo. The 2nd one we have (don't ask) failed by the catch that holds the back closed breaking so he was unable to get the discs out without forcing it and then the discs won't stay in properly now.

The PSP was a brilliant idea but I think it was a case of trying to put too much in such a small case that meant the materials used weren't man enough for regular use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?