PSP as a Sat Nav Device?

lonemascot 18:15 17 Jul 2006

Not technically a PC based question but if anyone will know its you guys.

I have a Sony PSP. great bit of kit, everyone should have one. But i wanted to know if it would be possible to use it as a sat nav device for my car. its got the processing power, bluetooth, display and overall versatility to cope with it i reckon.

probably just needs some software and a gps receiver/transmitter or something but as i'm totally unsure what that is can someone lend some advice?

thanks

skidzy 20:53 17 Jul 2006

It looks like you would need a gps module for the psp,click here
click here

Maybe these links will give you some ideas.

Good luck

vinnyT 09:26 18 Jul 2006
  ArrGee 11:11 18 Jul 2006

Cheers guys. Just stumbled on this thread about 2 hours prior to buying a satnav! If anyone comes across a PSP keyboard, please drop me a line.

vinnyT 15:42 18 Jul 2006

ArrGee: See this sony nixes logic3 psp keyboard click here.

All the hits (well alot of them) were about the above, so atm it seems you are out of luck.

Hope this helps.

ArrGee 15:46 18 Jul 2006

Cheers for that VinnyT. I'd have thought that if more people were seen out and about using their PSPs with a keyboard to check-up on webmail, PSP sales would hike a touch from people that don't want to lug laptops around just for the use of exchanging e-mails. Anyhows, that's a different subject altogether!

lonemascot 19:04 18 Jul 2006

nah just kidding buddy. right, looks like there stuff in the pipeline, i just gotta wait a bit and see what emerges.

thanks everyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?