PS3 and Correct USB folder structure please!!!

julius44 06:09 03 Aug 2010

Hello and good morning, i'm hoping that i can get some help here please!!!

I have a sony ps3, and about 3 usb sticks, and I seem to be having loadz of problems, copying videos, music, pics etc from my usb sticks to the ps3. i have 3 folders, PICTURES, VIDEOS, MUSIC, but still i'm having problems for the ps3 to recognize the files.....at times it does, MOST times it will not!!!

I know the files are on my usb stick are there, becos my computer recognizes the files,...i know that when i've inserted the ubs stick, i'm meant to press the triangle button, and then select all or view all, then it says there are NO files to view....so i'm thinking WHAT am i doing wrong. The files are named accordingly, for instance music is filename.mp3, videos, filename.mp4, pictures are filename.jpg.

Its kinda frustrating, as i've googled ps3 usb folder structure, and ive followed the folder structure layout. The usb ports for the ps3 are fine, as there are times when it works ok.....and the usb pens drives work perfectly, so i'm really frustrated by this any solutions please???

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:45 03 Aug 2010

click here

any help here?

julius44 19:45 03 Aug 2010

hello fruitbat, thanks for the link, but its not really any help, i need something more indepth please, as u've just sent me a general link, but much appreicated anyway, if u come across anything else, pls email me, many thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:10 03 Aug 2010

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?