ps2 to pc??

rippanation 09:44 05 Feb 2006

Can anyone tell me how to plug a playstation 2 into a pc so my kids can go online on their console please?

hzhzhz 10:12 05 Feb 2006

I think you need a tv card with an S-video in connection.

smy13 10:21 05 Feb 2006

click here
This will give you all the details, in essence if you have one of the older PS2's (the chunky ones) the first thing you'll need is a network adapter, the slimline PS2's already have them installed. You'll the need to decide whether you want to go wireless or via RJ45 cross over cables, either way you'll have to go through a router not straight through your PC. I set this up about 2 years ago for both my sons PS2's and went via cables taken up through the loft space and into the back of the router. at the time the bit of kit needed to go wireless was £80 a unit which I thought was a bit steep. If you decide to go via cable don't go to anywhere like PC world as they'll charge you around £30. You can get them via your local PC shop or DAbs.com for around a fiver for 20 metres

Gibbons 11:06 05 Feb 2006

you don't necessarily have to go through a router. if you have like me a usb modem and so cannot connect your ps2 to the internet directly. You can use internet connection sharing by plugging a crossover ethernet cable into your pc (you will need a network card installed) and the other into the network adaptor for the ps2, the enable internet sharing on your pc and it should work fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?