ps2 dvd drive

conrail 13:08 14 Jan 2005

can anybody advise on where I can purchase a dvd drive for the ps2 and are they easy to change as in a pc, never looked inside a ps2 but a friend needs a new drive as disc just spinning, or does anybody have any other suggestions, thanks

ACOLYTE 13:12 14 Jan 2005

It would probably cost as much to replace the drive as it would to get another ps2,if its still under warrenty ring Sony or where you got it from,if its not then he may be able to have it mended but i wouldnt like to say how much it would cost,and if it could be done.

conrail 13:15 14 Jan 2005

thanks ACOLYTE, hoping there is somewhere who will supply a drive and I can fit it

Jdoki 14:23 14 Jan 2005

Do a Google for 'replacement PS2 drives' or something similar, there's a few that do them in the UK, although it is normally just the laser unit that you need to buy.

Unfortunately I'm at work so don't have access to the links I have somewhere at home. I'll try and find them tonight and post again if I can find them.

The only place I can recall is Lik Sang click here - based in Hong Kong but I have used them in the past and have found them cheaper than some UK based companies, even with shipping added! Just make sure you get the right unit for your friends model of PS2 (the SCH xxxxxx numbers must match).

conrail 17:36 14 Jan 2005

thanks for your help guys, worked out cheaper getting a new model so friend is happy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?