PRPI What is it please

Bagsey 08:40 29 Apr 2004

I was checking on my internet connections in the control panel (WIN XP home) and found a connection with the name PRPI which I dont remember seeing befor???? Does anyone know what it is?? Befor I delete something important.

961 08:46 29 Apr 2004

It may be Postal Reform in the Public Interest, or a training organisation among other things (see Google)

Bagsey 08:57 29 Apr 2004

Thanks for a very speedy response, but I cant understand why it should be on my computer with a phone icon next to it. I must say that I may be getting a bit paranoid over these premium phone lines.

Bagsey 09:06 29 Apr 2004

I have done a search on ALL THE WEB and found this. click here"
So have deleted the connection from INTERNET SETUP in control panel without any adverse results so far.

961 10:43 29 Apr 2004

It's obviously good to be persistent and one feels you have saved a bob or 2

Just shows you need to have everything battened down these days

I've just been e-mailed this morning by someone who says I've won a prize with all the usual guff requiring a premium rate phone claim of 7 mins at £1.50 per minute

I have to say that my spam seems to be on an upward curve again. 29 this morning. Thank goodness for Mailwasher

Bagsey 11:34 29 Apr 2004

Thank goodness that I checked after AVG gave me a warning. As for spam I am getting about 100 every day but I am on Bt Broadband and they have in the last few weeks set up what seems to be a very good spam filter which has so far only wrongly identified 3 emails as spam. So I am very pleased with that result. When I cam back from holiday there was over 1000 spam emails offering me all of the usual pills and potions to cure everything or make parts bigger??? I have never had any serious complaints on that front.

Gongoozler 11:40 29 Apr 2004

Hi Bagsey, unless you've already done it, I suggest that you set up a Message Rule to put all the emails identified as spam into the Deleted Items folder where you can quickly check if they're genuine mail before deleting them. I've also set OE to empty the Deleted Items folder on exit.

Bagsey 11:53 29 Apr 2004

With the new Bt spam filter I dont need to do anything because any emails that are filtered out are put automaticlly into a BULK folder where I can cast a quick eye over them just to make sure that all is well before I wipe them off. There is also the option to look down the inbox and for me to identify as spam any that have slipped through the net. I am very happy with this system so far. I suspect from what I have read here that the system is similar to MAILWASHER.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?