Proxy Servers and Firefox 33.0

RISC OS user 22:01 17 Oct 2014
Answered

I have two PC's one a desktop running Windows 7 and a Laptop with Windows 8.1 both have Firefox 33.0 installed. The Desktop keeps giving the following message "The proxy server is refusing connections. Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections. Check the proxy settings to make sure that they are correct. Contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. " This started to occur about 2 weeks ago and today I updated Firefox to 33.0 and it is still giving the same error message. I had a similar problem some time ago and it just seemed to go away! The Internet Option shows that the proxy settings on both PC's are "use System Proxy settings" and if I just re-click that option and click ok then Firefox behaves as normal. I have ZoneAlarm Free on both machines. I am not aware that I have changed anything on the Desktop machine. Can anyone help me please? I am the Administrator for both machines and my LAN and WiFi.

rdave13 22:28 17 Oct 2014

RISC OS user you are obviously aware that using any proxy server is fraught with problems if you don't know how to use them. Google info is useless. It is to do with P2P usually. Have you checked internet options, connections tab, lan settings? Disable proxy settings.

You have a bug unless you use such software as Tor.

RISC OS user 11:48 18 Oct 2014
Answer

Hi rdave13, I will have a look at the settings. Thanks

Hi Beta, I do not understand your post!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?