Protected Music Files

TABBYCAT 11:40 29 Apr 2008

I recently downloaded an album from Tesco Music Downloads. According to them I should be able to both play the tracks and burn to a CD 10 times.
Only 2 out of 14 tracks will even play, always giving the error message that I do not have the appropriate rights.
Tesco and I have gone round in circles, they insisting that I have downloaded both the tracks and appropriate licences at least 3 times and that they should play correctly. They have concluded that the faulkt must lie with my media player settings, but of course will not elaborate.
I am using WMP11.
Help!

johnnyrocker 11:42 29 Apr 2008

try vlc, if that cant play it there is something wrong with the downloaded product
click here

johnny

dogbreath1 14:01 29 Apr 2008

If you don't get any joy with Tesco, contact your local Trading Standards department and see whether they will take up the case on your behalf.

MCE2K5 01:25 30 Apr 2008

Q. You have upgraded from Microsoft Windows Media Player for Windows XP or from Microsoft Windows Media Player 9 Series to Microsoft Windows Media Player 11. A. See click here

Q. When you try use Windows Media Player 11 to play a digital rights management (DRM)-protected media file, the media may not play. A. See click here

If Vista OS: Q. Error message when you play a file in Windows Media Player on a Windows Vista-based computer: "Invalid File Format.(Error=8004022F)". A. See click here

Q. If I have a problem what should I do?
A. If you continue to have problems and cannot resolve them using the frequently asked questions and How to Use this site guide, then please send an email to [email protected], providing as much detail as you can about the problem that you are having.

Taken From Your questions answered... click here

MCE2K5 01:27 30 Apr 2008

Or Re-Download from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?