Projecting song words

Yimbo 19:52 11 Nov 2009

I want to put song words on screen for a "sing-along" time. No backgrounds etc needed (though that would be a bonus!) Just the words would do. How do I go about this, which programme do I use, please? I'm using XP Home ed.

johnnyrocker 19:56 11 Nov 2009

what about powerpoint?

johnny

Technotiger 20:01 11 Nov 2009

You might be able to do that, with picture backgrounds of your own choice, by making a Slide-show with the text over the pictures, using Windows Movie Maker, or any other program that enables making of Slideshows.

peter99co 20:55 11 Nov 2009

I made a Video using Windows movie maker and added a music track. The video lasted as long as the music and the pictures seems to fit nicely along the playback. Substitute with words and it should work.

Technotiger 20:59 11 Nov 2009

In the above suggestions - the words could be made to scroll across the screen, over the pictures!

Yimbo 23:49 11 Nov 2009

Yes, Powerpoint seemes the obvious choice - but I don't have it! I'll try Windows Movie Maker - but I don't want to get things too complicated!
I'd really be quite satisfied to get the text alone on screen! Thank you all for your help!

peter99co 23:55 11 Nov 2009

Dont save it to your computer until you have previewed and refined it a few times The completed video can use a lot of space!

Yimbo 11:11 12 Nov 2009

OK - - and thanks

Woolwell 11:27 12 Nov 2009

OpenOffice's Impress may do the job for you.

peter99co 13:26 12 Nov 2009

DO SAVE when you are satisfied it is good and finished.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?