Programs starting as soon as windows starts

Shutt1e 10:24 20 Jan 2007

How can i stop these programs from starting becuase there is one program that always starts and it looks like a orange heart beat like zig zag and i want to stop this as it slows down my computer significantly. is there an option to stop prgrams running from start up of windows

thx

VoG II 10:27 20 Jan 2007
  Taurus 10:34 20 Jan 2007

Firstly, look in the startup menu, (Start-All Programs - Startup), identify if the program concerned is there, if so right click and select delete. If the prog is not there use a combination of Ctrl-Alt-Del keys which will bring up the Windows Task Manager and select the tab 'Processes'. This lists all the apps and Windows processes that are running at that time. If you can identify the process then simply delete it from the list. A VERY LARGE WARNING HERE!! Many of the processes listed are essential to the running and stability of Windows, so PLEASE do not delete items at random as this may well crash your system with possible fatal consequences. Hope this is helpful.

SLAYER 10:36 20 Jan 2007

I quite like this.

click here

gudgulf 10:38 20 Jan 2007

If the program loads the icon you describe in the Taskbar,hover your mouse pointer over it.

A box should pop up that identifies the program.

Tell us what it is.

Shutt1e 11:48 20 Jan 2007

i fixed the problem there was anther user set up i dont know how it got there becuase i didnt create it, i deleted it and know sem s to be ok,could a program of created the account.

thx

gudgulf 11:57 20 Jan 2007

If the other user account was called ASP.net them it was Windows Update that created it.........It is part of the .NET framework.

You don't need it so it is safe to delete.

Shutt1e 11:59 20 Jan 2007

yup that was the account and could that of caused my problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?