Programme freeze and blue screen after exactly 47mins

mrandmo 18:12 30 Nov 2014

After 2 years of trouble free working my PC is now stopping after 47 minutes of use......every time....regardless of how many programmes i have running at the time (even when it is simply 'on'). if i log it off at 46 mins, i can boot up immediately and can start another 47 mins of the PC working. I run windows 7 home premium 64 bit, on an intel i7-2600k with 8GB of Crucial RAM and the ASUS P8Z68-V pro motherboard with NVIDIA GeForce GTX570 graphics. The ASUS sensor monitoring shows no overheating of the motherboard at the time the system stops, and i have upgraded the Xigmatek power plant with a new Corsair bronze 80. I run AVG Internet Security, as i have since owning the PC, and cannot locate any obvious conflict. The blue screen error code, when it happens (about 50% of the time - the other 50% it just stops programmes running) is a KernelDataInpage_Error with numerous technical error codes. Not comfortable with flashing the BIOS, and not really savvy enough to delve into the BIOS settings. But if anyone has any ideas, as it is winding me up having to turn off and on every three quarters of an hour!

BRYNIT 19:00 30 Nov 2014

Computer runs for 47 mins before BSOD could be anything. When did it start. Did you update drivers or install a new program before it started.

If you have a spare HD I would try a clean install of windows 7 with basic programs if the problem dispersal it's either the original HD, corrupt files or a program/driver conflict causing the problem. If not your back to checking everything else.

BRYNIT 19:03 30 Nov 2014

Spell checker not working correctly or could be me. dispersal should be disappears.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:07 30 Nov 2014

Check power options in BIOS and in windows.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?