programeing

new_guy 17:51 13 Jul 2003

hi there i would like to learn about vb and html plus c++ and all the other stuff there is could some one please tell me the best place to learn this stuff thanks aaron

Simsy 17:58 13 Jul 2003

called "The absolute begginers guide to programming" the author is Greg Perry.

I found it very useful... it covers the basics at a simple level and does broach HTML, C, C++ and java, though once it gets through the basics, which it does in a very readable way, it concentrates on Visual Basic.

I'm by no means proficient, and I had some, (little) programming knowlege before I got the book.... I wish I'd had it to start with.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

jazzypop 18:04 13 Jul 2003

Google has countless guides to getting started in all these languages.

Just type 'guide vb' or 'guide html' or whatever.

new_guy 18:04 13 Jul 2003

do you know where i wouild be able to get this book is it very well knowen and will it be in most shops

start by choosing just one language to begin with then buy the IDE and read through the help files and tutorials, the web is stacked full of sites dedicated to programming and tutorials, try planetsourcecode.com for instance, i would recommend delphi personally, it fairly easy to get started and the delphi 7 (personal) IDE was given out free on the january 2003 edition of personal computer world magazine . the Borland developer network has extensive articles and code of use to a beginner. check out the website of marco cantu for his free ebook 'essential delphi'
if you choose a different language just type the name into google with the word tutorials and you will undoubtedly find a wealth of info. Have fun with it H.

barrie_g 18:12 13 Jul 2003

Try your local library, it may seem old fashioned to acutually read something printed on paper but you can usually get hold of most things that are in print and if not they can generally get it in for you.

Chris the Ancient 20:08 13 Jul 2003

I learnt a lot about html ptogramming (including some java) at this site...

click here

HTH

Chris

Simsy 15:59 15 Jul 2003

click here

is from the compertermanuals.co.uk site.

the cover pictured is not the same as mine.... I presume this is a later edition. (I'm not at home at the moment... I think mine is version 2).

Good luck

Regards,

Simsy

Simsy 16:04 15 Jul 2003

"Is it well known?" and "Will it be in most shops?" I'm afraid the answer to both is "I don't know", but it seems to be available from the site I've just pointed to.

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?