Program to split scanned image?

GRC 20:32 02 Jul 2007

Does anyone know of any cheap (or free!) software that will allow me to divide up a complete A4 size scan into smaller parts and save each as a separate file? The reason I ask is that to save time I scan a batch of photos all at once and split them up afterwards. I have used various image editors but all seem to make this simple task very fiddly.

johnnyrocker 23:07 02 Jul 2007

click here? if you already have this i apologise because you did not specify what you already have.

johnny

Quiet Life 23:16 02 Jul 2007

I do not think Irfan can do multiple image cropping but only one part at a time. Which as GRC says is fiddly if there are several photos on each scan.

Diversion 23:19 02 Jul 2007

What sort of scanner are you using, mine scans four times for four photographs but I have to leave a one centimetre gap between each photograph for it to work. But if you use Nero this has a picture editor with it "Nero Photosnap Viewer", you can resize the crop box then crop them and save the cropped image. But using that will mean dublicating the image for the same number of photos that you have in one scan but as you say it is fiddly. Pity you don't have Photoshop or Jasc Paintshop Pro, as they would make it very easy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?