Program removal

Gazzerr 16:46 17 Feb 2006

Been having problems with I Tunes which still has the same problem which is to do with quick time. I have tried deleting and re installing a number of times. I see that although having deleted everything ( again) there are still folders in the program files in fact 3 for each where i have installed deleted and re-installed (x3). Is that a problem - can I just delete from the programs folder although it says don't do it?

johnnyrocker 16:48 17 Feb 2006

use add/remove program facility in control panel

johnny.

Gazzerr 17:08 17 Feb 2006

That's how i have done it and you can't see the programme in there but only when you browse the prgramme folder on the c drive.

Curio 18:18 17 Feb 2006

Write the entry down that is in Add Remove and put where the xxxxx is below
To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box xxxxx click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with xxxxx in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type xxxxx and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than xxxxx then reboot your computer.
CREATE A RESTORE POINT BEFORE STARTING THIS PROCEDURE!

Totally-braindead 18:22 17 Feb 2006

You could also try ccleaner, part of what is does is look in the registry for bits of files left behind and remove them, its amazing how much space it can clear up click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?