Program to read "damaged" CD

Bald Eagle 18:12 05 Oct 2006

A few years ago I was given info about a program that would read CD's that were slightly damaged.I have gone through my postings but it must have ben removed.

I have a disc that contains wedding and honeymoon photos on it but after all these years my present computer will not read the disc. Running XP.It doesn't recognise the format used and in properties it gives no info just that the disc is full. I cannot remember what program I was using when I did the scanning!

Any ideas?

brundle 18:17 05 Oct 2006
  Monoux 18:36 05 Oct 2006

CD Check as above does not recover files a disc where Window explorer can't see them

Monoux 19:32 05 Oct 2006

A few days ago I was recommended this program for a similar problem. It does get into, the disc and list what is on there but to recover it you needc to register which costs about £15.00
The link is click here

Bald Eagle 19:37 05 Oct 2006

Thanks for the info, couldn't get CD Check to work.

Monoux 20:15 05 Oct 2006

If they are honeymoon pictures and therefore important it might pay you to download and try the isobuster program you should be able to see if it sees your files before purchase so to speak

terryf 20:36 05 Oct 2006

click here this is a good progra, that will recover from damaged cds but it costs

terryf 20:38 05 Oct 2006

PS evaluation version available will allow you to see whether it will see files but need to purchase to recover, scroll down the page

Bald Eagle 08:27 06 Oct 2006

Monoux, downloaded isobuster and it did find all the files. Didn't realise how many slides I'd scanned! It must have taken ages. Going to try terryf's link because I'm a bit worried that isobuster themselves admit they have lots of problems with their unlocking codes not working and the program suddenly saying it needs unlocking again.

Ray

Bald Eagle 12:39 07 Oct 2006

Have purchased isobuster. It does exactly what it says on the tin!

BE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?