iPhone X review
When trying to close a programme - any prigramme - I frequently get the "program not responding" message. I have had to repeat work I have done on my PC because of this. Any ideas what it is, please, and what I can do to correct it> If you need more info:0 PC Compaq Presario, NTL Broadband,XP home, Norton. Any more just ask. I'm reaching the stage where [email protected] wondering if I should reformat - but would rather not. It's a pain. redeyenewby
OPTION 1 - Repair XP by replacing corrupt files
in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.
sfc /scannow problems
OPTION 2 - Repair XP by install over the top of existing systm
1. Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.
2. When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer:
To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.
To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.
To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.
3. Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.
To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER.
DO NOT choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console).
4. Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
5. Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair.
6. Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot.
Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears.
Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.
Thank you Totally-braindead and Fruit Bat /\O/\. I have printed off your advice and will try it/them out. I'll let you know the result. I knew you guys would come up trumps!!! Hope you had a good Christmas and have a Terrifis New Year.
Thank you Totally-braindead and Fruit Bat /\O/\.
I scanned and the answer was windows was O.K. In the meantime I remoned my Goole toolbar and Yahoo toolbar and - I think - the problem may be solved.:-) By the way have you heard of The Windows Advisor? I ordered it and have just received it. I'll confess that a lot of the stuff is beyond my ken, but by judicious searching and selection I got some hints from it. For the moment thank you again. You are graet helpers. Newby.
Thank you Totally-braindead and Fruit Bat /\O/\. GOOGLE not Goole - but I guess you know that anyway. DISLECTIC! No. Cheers. Newby.
One other tip: save your work as you go. Don't wait until a program is crashing.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.